Welcome, 2012!

     Thank you, 2011, it was a very good year of running! I was blessed with great friends to train with, minimal injuries, and good weather. The highlight was all the time my wife Jeanette and I spent training together for the Medtronic Twin Cities marathon we ran this past October. Jeanette was really motivated this year, and ran another Boston Qualifier, finishing over five minutes under the new 2013 standards. I missed by just over two minutes, but after a confidence building ( read; steady pace with a very solid finish...unlike my last two marathons ) 1:44 half marathon this past November I'm ready to go for 3:39 at Grandma's in June.
     And that's my goal for 2012, but it's my love for the sport, running with friends and sharing our passion that keeps me heading out day after day. We really are lucky to be able to do so much running, and the park where we run provides up to a 9 mile loop course, and it's hardly used by others. The park setting makes you feel like you are miles from the city. 
     Most of our group is running Grandma's Marathon, which is great for group training schedules, at least through June. Then, well, it's a long summer and after a month for marathon recovery we'll see what's in store. I know one thing for sure, having training partners has really enhanced our running and our enjoyment of the sport. 
     I hope 2012 is a good year of running for you...and a good year can mean many different things. Some runners are starting back from an injury or time off, some are striving for goals, and others are looking to maintain their fitness level. Whatever your goal, and I do hope you set one for each half of the year, all the best to you! 
     Good luck in 2012!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The metamorphosis is happening!

Turn, turn, turn

Your pace or mine?