Winter is Half Dead!

     I have to admit, the last half of winter isn't really here yet, but on the other hand by the time mid-March arrives we are ready for tee shirts and shorts! Sure, we'll get some snow, but it will be in the 50's some days and the snow will melt quickly.
     On my calendar winter is half over, and it's the tough part that's over!
     Trails right now and for the next few weeks will be a constant variation; ice, snow, melt, slush, dry, water. We'll get it all but that's fine with me, it's a sign from Mother Nature that spring is on the way.
     Am I starting the celebration too early? I think not. Running the past week it was 12' and it felt good. That means I'm adjusted to the cold and anything over 20' will feel like spring. I'd have to carry a water bottle for the heat if it gets over 30' this weekend!
    I can dream. Soon enough the temps will be in the 40's every day and spring will be rooted in our yards, gardens and parks. I can manage a few more snow storms til then, it's good for the water tables, and to wash the gunk off my van.
     We can pray for the warmth, but don't sit on your butt blaming bad weather for keeping you inside. More than one person has spouted the following; There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear.
     Go Run!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The metamorphosis is happening!

Turning the running dream into workout reality.

Sometimes we have to hit the RESET button on our running.